JayKayMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All problems you may face during gameplay.

Go down

All problems you may face during gameplay. Empty All problems you may face during gameplay.

Post  [Admin]MoonLight Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Please refer to this list before asking for help.

Q: Where do i download the files for this server?
A: Look in the Downloads section of this forum.

Q: The client won't start up! It says that "We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues".
A: The server is probably down. Just chill and wait it out, or browse the forums to see why it's down. If the server isn't down, check if your firewall isn't blocking the client from accessing the internet (Google on how to do it).

Q: I click on my character, see a brief glimpse of a map and then I disconnect.
A: Your character is probably stuck in a glitched map. In version 83, this will be a rare problem but if it does occur, please post a request to fix your character in the support section of the forums and Jussi will get to it as soon as he can.

Q: I try to log in but I get a message stating "This is an ID that is already logged in, or the server is under inspection".
A: Your character is probably stuck already logged in to the game. Log in to the game as usual using your account name but instead of using your real password use unstuckme instead. Once you have done that just log in again using your account name and your real password. You should also make sure you are logging in on the same channel you were logged in to before. If you still get that same error it might mean the server is down at that moment and you should just try waiting a little while. Feel free to check the forums for assistance or even post a thread in the support section requesting assistance and we will try to help as quickly as we can.

Q: When I click on my character nothing happens. It just stays on the character selection screen. Sometimes your character will be without clothing or you will be on the character selection screen and you will see "notices" of players leveling or GMs assisting players.
A: There is a very good chance that your character is bugged and will need some type of item wipe. If you have an item you think might be glitched or that we think might be glitched, we will try removing just that one item to see if that resolves the problem. If you are still glitched at that point then we may have to wipe all your items, resulting in you having to start again.

Q: I click on my character but nothing happens. It just stays on the character selection screen and then eventually it goes back to the login page saying "Unable to connect to the login server".
A: This happens when the server is lagging or for lack of a better term is "frozen". This happens very rarely in v83 though. There is nothing to do at this point except to wait, visit the forums to see if there is any news about the server or post a thread in the support section requesting assistance.

Q: I log in but I keep disconnecting all the time. What is wrong with my character?
A: Its usually not your character that has the problem. You more than likely have not downloaded the newest wz edits if there are any at that time. Check the website or on the forums to see if there have been new edits done and if so please download the needed files to see if it helps. When you are downloading the wz files and it asks you if you want to copy over or overwrite the files you need to say Yes or Yes to All or this will not work. If you are still having the same problem then your character might be glitched and you should post a thread in the support section requesting assistance.

Q: I try to log in but I get a message stating "This is an ID that has been deleted or blocked from connection. Please check again."
A: This means you have been banned from playing the server. If you are unsure as to why you were banned you may visit the forums and post a thread in the Ban Appeal section requesting confirmation as to which rule you broke.

Q: The game starts, goes to a black screen and then shuts down! What's going on?
A: Chances are you're using the wrong version of MapleStory for this server. If your Maplestory is anything other than version 83, it won't work. Try reinstalling both the full version 83 Maplestory and the Axed client along with any special wz edits that might be available at that time and then try logging in again.

Q: The game starts, but shuts down and a message box pops up with "Error code: -2147287038 (Unknown error 0x80030002)".
A: You probably have corrupted or edited .wz files. Try reinstalling both the full version 83 Maplestory and the PBMS client along with any special wz edits that might be available at that time and then try logging in again.

Q: When I start Game, i get a black screen and d/c. Then i get "Error code: - 2147467259"
A: 1) If all you see is a black screen or you get disconnected every time you enter the game, browse to your MapleStory folder and run the "Setup.exe". You will be prompted with a question. Click NO and the setup will run through various frequencies and attempt to find one that works for your monitor. When you see the MapleStory image during the test, press ALT-H to notify the setup that you are able to see it. Outdated video drivers can also cause this,
2) If you have Windows Vista / Windows 7, right click on your MapleStory icon (not the desktop shortcut) and select properties. Once in the properties, click on the compatibility tab, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop down menu and click Apply. For best results, make sure to log on your computer as an administrator. If that does not work, then when your computer prompts you with a message saying that MapleStory and the Windows 7 operating system have some known compatibility issues, you are given the choice to "look for solutions online" or "run program". Click "run program", and this should allow you to play MapleStory with no further issues. While this solution will help MapleStory function under Windows Vista/ Windows 7, please remember that it is still not fully compatible.
I hope this information helps in resolving your issue.

Q: I received some sort of error code looking like this: Error code: -2005XXXXXX (Unknown error code 0xXXXXXXXX).
A: There are a few reasons why this error occurs. This error normally results from incorrect Display drivers or an outdated version of DirectX. Please be sure to have the latest video card and DirectX drivers installed. If you do not know your graphics card brand/model,
(1) Start.
(2) Run. (For Vista users, type in cmd in the search box below and run the cmd.exe.)
(3) Type in "dxdiag".
(4) Look under Display tab.

Q: When I start the game, I get the "Monitor out of range" error!
A: This issue may erupt from monitor frequencies MapleStory does not play on. To find a frequency for your monitor, browse to your MapleStory folder and run the Setup.exe. You will be prompted with a pop-up, click NO and follow the instructions.

Q: I can't start up the client. It says I'm missing wzmss.dll file.
A: You need to make sure that the game client is in your Maple Story folder. If that doesn't fix it, try to download and install vcredist_x86.exe. Also make sure none of the .dll files are missing. If any are, reinstall v83 or ask us for assistance with getting a specific file for you.

Q: When I launch the game, I get "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D." error.
A: First try rebooting your computer. If that does not work then download the latest version of DirectX to solve the problem. If it doesn't fix it, install/update your graphic card's driver. If you do not know your graphics card brand/model,
(1) Start.
(2) Run. (For Vista users, type in cmd in the search box below and run the cmd.exe.)
(3) Type in "dxdiag".
(4) Look under Display tab.

Q: I'm a Vista user. The game stops working everytime I click on it, help pl0x?
A: This is a common Vista error, it may occur on other programs or games too. Here's a solution to fix it:
(1) My Computer.
(2) System Properties.
(3) Advanced system settings.
(4) Under Advanced tab, you'll see 'Performance', click on the 'Settings...' beside it.
(5) Go to Data Execution Prevention tab. (Mark 'Turn on DEP for all programs...' if it is not marked.)
(6) Click 'Add...' and browse for the client
(7) Press OK.

Q: I'm a Vista user and my game starts and then just stops. What do I do?

A: This is a common problem with Vista. Try restarting your computer but also make sure you are running your computer as Admin.

Q: I'm using Windows 7 and I cant get Maplestory to play in windowed mode. I am using DxWnd but its not working and neither is the in-game windowed mode feature. How do I fix this?

A: Dxwnd sometimes only works when you have the "ProjectBeta.exe" (the mushroom one) registered into dxwnd with the same settings. See below:

Q: Every time i enter a certain map, i D/C and get the error code 38. Then I can't go on anymore.

A: This mean you're probably missing a file or two. Just tell a GM to un-stuck you And just don't re-enter that map until you find out the file you're missing.

[Admin]MoonLight
Admin

https://jaykayms.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum